Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Peace from God

Monday was not a good day for me. I guess I was overtired and emotional to start with. Added to that was some piled up housework. Then, little things went wrong and I snapped. That night, I was going to write about it on this blog. But for whatever reason, I could not continue. 

I did not work on those piled up housework either. Not in the mood obviously!

Instead, I went on mindlessly clicking through the blogging world. Then, through Inspired to Action, I came across Ann Voskamp's article  on peace retreat. As she noted at the end, yes, sometimes, mom needed a time-out in the peace retreat. I needed one. It is by God's Grace that I was reminded to find Him during such times. He knew what I truly needed.

If you were reading my previous posts, you may realize that, when I first posted about Project Simplify, I wanted to have a cleared desk so I could have undistracted quiet time. Well, paper work came as the 2nd hotspot and I have quite a cleared desk then. But my quiet time didn't start. And my desk was quickly taken over by paper clutter again. 

God remind me once again, I cannot do this alone. I cannot have a transformed life without seeking Him. I have too many bad habits to fight against. I have too much negative feelings to throw away. I needed that quiet time to gather myself to deal with those habits and emotions. And to find peace in Him. At the least, I needed a spot to time-out, a place I could be reminded of Him, the One who has everything under control and I have nothing to worry about. I needed a peace retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment