Friday, February 18, 2011

In the Beginning





"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. 
Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, 
and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters" 
Genesis 1:1-2


"Formless", "darkness" and "the surface of the deep" are the words very suitable to describe my home - Most surfaces are "formless" and covered with things. And, so much stuff is living in the "darkness" under my desk, our furniture or inside of the cracks of any kinds. I am also almost certain that there are tax return related documents hiding under "the surface of the deep", or, namely, the pile of paperwork on my desk...

My desk today, Feb 18, 2011
Somewhere (unfortunately, forgot where) I read says in Genesis, when God creates, He pretty much went through an organizing process: He created space (v. 6), He separates (v.4, 6), He gathers (v.9), He labels (v.10) and many times, we read, "according to various kinds" when He put things in. "And God saw that it was good"

The birth of this blog is out of a simple belief, it is God's will for me to change. He is working at it, asking me "are you in?"

It is my believe that this will become a record of His work on me. And I hope it will be a place I can be hold accountable. A place where someone like me could be understood and find hope; where someone living with a messy could see things from a different angle.

As easily distracted as I am, I cannot guarantee that I won't post any of my random thoughts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment